Some people love to reminisce about high school. Others want to forget it ever happened. But one thing most people can agree on is they loved the parties! Whether you were a jock, nerd, cheerleader or band geek, there was always something fun happening at your school’s prom or even on regular days. This article will explore some of the different high school stereotypes and how you can celebrate them with awesome high school stereotypes party ideas!
The best high school stereotypes party ideas are the ones that will make your guests feel like they’re back in high school, without having to go through the drama and pitfalls of being a teenager. There’s nothing better than feeling young again! That’s why we’ve compiled these 15 awesome ideas for an unforgettable party.
But first let us get over with what is this party about if someone does not have any idea what we are talking about.
|Casio Men's Silver Tone 25 Memory Calculator||Check on Amazon|
|Casio Men's DB36-1AV Multilingual Databank Watch||Check on Amazon|
|Instant Nerd Kit (Includes: Taped Eyeglasses, Pocket Protector & Nerd Squad Button||Check on Amazon|
|amscan Grandma Gold Novelty Glasses||Check on Amazon|
|Forum Classic Propeller Hat||Check on Amazon|
|Dickies Men's 1 1/2 inch Solid Straight Clip Adjustable X Back Suspender||Check on Amazon|
|Urban CoCo Women's Basic Versatile Stretchy Flared Casual Mini Skater Skirt||Check on Amazon|
|French Toast Girls' Long Sleeve Oxford Blouse||Check on Amazon|
|Disney womens Encanto Shine Junior's Racerback Tank Top||Click Here|
|Dreamgirl Women's Nerdy Talk Schoolgirl Costume Set||Check on Amazon|
|Music Legs Women's Plus-Size High Class Nerdy Plus Size||Check on Amazon|
|Nerd Costume Kit - Child Standard Size, Multicolor - 1 Set||Check on Amazon|
|Dreamgirl Women's Sexy Fashion Lingerie||Check on Amazon|
|Women's School Girl Costume - Fitted Shirt||Check on Amazon|
|Elegant Moments Women's Plus-Size Queen Of Detention-Plus||Check on Amazon|
|Rubie's Women's 80's Diva Costume||Check on Amazon|
|French Toast Girls' Twofer Pleated Dress||Check on Amazon|
|Mens I Flexed and The Sleeves Fell Off Tank Top||Check on Amazon|
|Nerd Costume Kit for Adults||Check on Amazon|
|London Fog Men's Auburn Zip-Front Golf Jacket||Check on Amazon|
|Adult School Boy Costume Mens Schoolboy Fancy Dress||Check on Amazon|
|Rubie's Lt. Dangle Costume||Check on Amazon|
|Smiffys Schoolboy Costume||Check on Amazon|
|Brixton Men's Hooligan Driver||Check on Amazon|
|Leg Avenue Adult 4pc.Nerdy Ned,Plaid Pants, Suspenders, Bow Tie, Glasses Adult Sized Costumes||Check on Amazon|
|Bristol Novelty DS026 Schoolboy Set, Mens, One Size||Check on Amazon|
|Elvis Now Deluxe Aloha Elvis Costume||Check on Amazon|
|Smiffys 90s Rocker Kit||Check on Amazon|
|California Costumes Men's Heavy Metal Rocker Wig||Check on Amazon|
|Rubie's Costume Co. Men's Rap Idol Costume||Check on Amazon|
Table of Contents
What is a high school stereotypes party?
There are a lot of people who think that high school stereotypes party is about getting dressed up in costumes and going to different places. Some even say that it has something to do with dressing up as the opposite gender while others have their own ideas.
There is a misconception that these parties started from Halloween where people tend to dress like other characters which is a normal thing to do. But, in this case, it is not about dressing up as another character from the movie or anything like that but more on representing the characters we have during high school years.
So, for those who are still wondering what this kind of party is all about, it is simply a get-together where you will be seeing your friends who all have different characters they used to portray or have seen some of their mates this way during their high school years.
The first question that would usually come into mind is why are these parties being done? What’s the point of having them anyway?
Why are there High school stereotype parties?
It is actually not just about having fun and enjoying the moment. These parties are done to commemorate what has happened during our high school years. It is a way of looking back at those times with friends that we may have lost contact with or simply cannot forget because of how unforgettable they were – good or bad.
Now that we know what a high school stereotypes theme party is, it’s time to explore some of the best high school stereotypes party ideas. If you are just exploring options you check out these anything but cups, anything but clothes and some kinky party ideas.
High School Stereotypes party supplies
Well the main attraction for the party would be your outfit and the stereotype that you have chosen, but if you are throwing this party then you are the one worrying about all the decorations and supplies. Well, worry no more because we have got you covered. Check out this list of party supplies to select your decoration and fun stuff for the party.
High School Stereotypes party ideas (Party Invitations)
The first thing you need to do is make sure everyone knows about the party.
There are a lot of ways for this, but one of the most common and easiest ways to get started is with invitations! You can send out physical ones through snail mail or email invites if your guest list includes more than just friends – that’s up to you.
But don’t forget to add in a little touch that will let your guests know they’re going to a high school stereotypes party! You could put the theme of the party on the invitations, or even have some fun with it and make them look like report cards from high school. Just be sure to include all of the important information like whether they need to wear a costume or not.
High School Stereotypes party ideas (Party Decorations)
Host your party at a bar or club that has a theme night related to high school. For example, 90s Night or Back to School Bash. If you are on a budget then hosting this at your house is not bad at all.
The best stereotypes cliques include making everything look like a teenager would love it. You cannot go wrong with this one. This means no fancy decorations or expensive centerpieces; keep things simple with lots of streamers, balloons and signage.
If you’re feeling really creative and want to save some money, you could make some of the decorations yourself – we suggest making fake lockers or school desk centrepieces. And don’t forget about photo ops! Set up a few different backdrops for your guests to take photos in front of and they’ll love remembering their high school days all over.
Costume Ideas for High School Stereotypes Theme Party
Now here is the most important part. What are you going to wear?
Just like any other party where there’s a theme, dressing up for this one isn’t just encouraged but required. And again, if you’re not sure what high school stereotypes outfits would be right for your group or even yourself – let us remind you of those classic high school archetypes. Costume ideas for girls and guys for this theme have a little bit of distinction which you can decide on your own.
• Cheerleaders – Pom poms, megaphones, and lots of glittery makeup is a must for any self-respecting cheerleader costume.
• Jocks – Throw on a varsity jacket, some sweatpants and sneakers and you’ll be good to go as the jock stereotype.
• Nerds – The perfect nerd costume is all about the details. Wear a button-up shirt, thick-rimmed glasses and some suspenders for an authentic look.
• Geeks – Want to go all out as a geek? Try dressing up as one of your favorite characters from a popular TV show or movie.
• Popular kids – No costume is complete with the right hair and makeup. Try curls, big sunglasses and lots of bronzer to get that cool popular kid look down pat. Just relive the past.
• Skaters – A skater boy or girl costume is easy enough to put together yourself. Just wear a loose t-shirt, some ripped jeans and your favorite sneakers.
- Teacher – Remember the person that might have drove you nuts. This figure may demand a suit or a sexy outfit if there were any such teachers.
High School Stereotypes party ideas (Drink Ideas)
Now that you have the perfect dress, it’s time to start thinking about what kind of drinks you’ll be serving at your party.
Again, since this is a high school/college themed party – we suggest sticking with nostalgic drinks that everyone will love. Try making slushies in all of your favorite colors, or serve up some soda in plastic cups with red Solo cups on the side. And for those who want to indulge a little bit more – we suggest serving spiked punch in large fishbowls. Or you can try some homemade drink recipes as well. Just make sure you have plenty of designated drivers on hand to help get everyone home safely!
High School Stereotypes party ideas (Music Ideas)
Last but not least, what kind of music will you be playing at your high school stereotypes party?
We suggest going with a mix of old and new school hits that everyone will love. Play some throwback tracks from the 90s, or stick to more recent chart-toppers for a mix that will have everyone on their feet all night long. Cannot choose anything? Well just go with music from popular TV shows like “Glee” and “High School Musical.” Just make sure your speakers are set to the correct station and you’re good to go!
Tips & Tricks
Well to have a blast you would need some games and activities to keep your guests pull though this throwback. Watch the group of people you have invited and select activities according to the age group or interests. Whether you are in college now or in professional field you can pick some activities from the list below. Our list of high school party ideas would be complete with these tips and tricks.
1. Have a photo booth set up for guests to take pictures in their new clothes.
2. Serve themed food like pizza, chicken fingers and French fries.
3. Play games like “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” or Truth or Dare.
4. Involve guests by having them write a note to the graduate on school themed stationery such as homework or detention slips and put in an envelope for when they open gifts at the end of the party. Have each guy or girl sign their name with a sharpie marker, then stamp it with your custom high school party seal (aka a rubber stamp with your initials and a high school themed design).
5. Make a photo album of the night’s festivities to send to guests who couldn’t come along or for future memories!
6. Have an after-party at someone’s house.
7. Get “prom king” and “prom queen” tiaras from a party store and crown the night’s winners!
8. Play music from popular high school movies like “The Breakfast Club,” “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” and “Can’t Hardly Wait.”
9. Give out graduation caps and gowns as party favors to guests.
10. Hang a banner that reads “Class of 1997” or “High School Stereotypes.”
11. Hand out graduation scrolls as party favors with everyone’s name on them – make sure to autograph the back!
12. Decorate in school colors like black, gold and silver.
13. String up some colorful helium balloons in a variety of shapes (hearts, stars, and circles work well) to create a balloon arch.
14. Make custom high school themed buttons for each guest: ask guests to write their name on the back of an old ID or other photo that you provide (make sure it’s not one they would mind everyone seeing!). Then take pictures with them before pinning on your button.
15. Create a slideshow of photos of the graduate throughout their school career – set to sentimental music, of course!
Wrapping it Up
What is a high school party without fun costumes, decorations, drinks and music? If anything, this will be one of those parties that people will never forget. It’s a great idea for a birthday or graduation celebration as well. And this could be a college stereotypes party as well if you want that.
Now it’s up to you – what kind of high school stereotype party are you going to throw? Let us know if you have found any crazy high school stereotypes party ideas. Let us know in the comments below!